Remote Marketing Associate
WorkMonger – Remote, Virtual, United States
WorkMonger, an algorithm enabled talent matching service for the education sector, seeks a dynamic and detail-oriented, remote marketing associate to help lead our content, email, and social strategy.
- Develop a weekly Leaders in Education newsletter to be distributed to over 65k users and own the open and engagement metrics for the newsletter.
- Create a monthly Hiring in Education newsletter focused on employer needs and pain points and own the associated open and engagement metrics.
- Brainstorm and outline two to four blog posts/topics per month to direct outsourced writers.
- Edit, revise, and customize content produced by writers for our brand voice.
- Create and author marketing collateral for sales enablement including special promotions and campaigns.
- Create and design email templates using templating software (BEE Free).
- Author one webinar per month including the associated visuals and PowerPoint accompaniment.
- Manage and exert ownership over the totality of our marketing lists and databases.
- Responsible for managing the in-house email system (Sendy).
- Develop the content for one to two infographics per month that will be designed by our graphic designer.
- Record and host one to two podcast interviews/episodes per month and promote the podcast(s) across our distribution channels.
- Own our social media channels including content development, distribution, measurement, and strategy across all of our social properties.
- Curate, research, collect, and annotate external content for use and promotion across channels, including the weekly and monthly newsletters as well as social media.
- Provide support to the Director of Marketing as required.
- Co-create thought leadership content with the CEO and other members of the WorkMonger team
- Serve as a thought partner in all parts of WorkMonger’s strategy.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Four year degree required.
- 1-3 years of marketing experience.
- Experience in the K-12 education sector and/or K-12 educational equity strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of social media strategy and measurement
- 1-2 years experience developing content for an inbound marketing and associated SEO content strategy.
- Technical mindset and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Image editing competencies. Either basic Photoshop skills or Canva experience.
- Understanding of layer based design concepts preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Passion for, and experience with, social media and marketing.
- The ability to manage a diverse workload, competing priorities and deadline sensitive projects.
- A commitment to setting and meeting long-term & short-term goals.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing and prioritizing using measurable outcomes.
- Strong knowledge of marketing strategy, social media engagement strategy, brand management, and external communications.
- Ability to contribute to the development and support of a positive team culture.
- A deep commitment to shared success.
- A high level of professionalism, customer service orientation and attention to detail.
- A desire to innovate and support an entrepreneurial organization.
- Ability to adapt, think critically, and work in a constantly-evolving environment.
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Office Suite/GSuite, cloud-based systems and database management.
- A deep passion and commitment to making a positive impact in the world.
- A belief that every individual is uniquely gifted and has something of value to contribute to society.
- An excitement at the opportunity to build WorkMonger and help scale our impact.
- Hard working, enthusiastic team player with a can do attitude and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to support organization priorities.
- Independent, organized self-starter and problem-solver who takes initiative to identify and assist in resolving problems, both within and beyond areas of direct responsibility.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, positive attitude and the highest ethical standards at all times, especially during high-pressure periods.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with ambiguity and shifts in scope of duties.
- Willingness to occasionally travel for in-person team meetings 1-2 times per year.
Overview of WorkMonger:
WorkMonger is an online, profile-driven, algorithm-enabled, matching service for hiring or seeking non-teacher positions in the broader PreK-12 education sector. Our goal is to enable better, faster, cheaper hires than alternative hiring solutions and to become the dominant hiring tool and service in the social sector.
WorkMonger serves all types of organizations in the education sector, including public charter schools, school districts, education non-profit organizations, education foundations, education support organizations, education technology companies, state education agencies, and more.
WorkMonger serves talent of all levels (entry-level to C-level) across a variety of non-classroom-based functions, including academic roles (principals/school leaders, instructional coaches, curriculum design, etc.) and non-academic roles (finance, operations, data, talent, marketing, strategy, fundraising, etc.).
Location, Compensation, and Key Considerations:
- This Position is Remote/Virtual: You may live anywhere in the United States.
- This role is full-time (40 Hours Per Week).
- As a young, small organization, WorkMonger does not yet offer benefits.
- This role reports to WorkMonger’s Director of Marketing
- Candidate must have access to a laptop, high-speed internet, phone service, and Microsoft Office.